Translate

Thursday, December 5, 2013

2001: A Space Odyssey by Arthur C. Clarke


It has been years since I've seen a 2001: Space Odyssey.  So long ago in fact that I had forgotten most of the story.  For that reason this book was fresh and I wasn't comparing it to the movie.  As I started to do research into the book a few things surprised me.  The book was written pretty much at the same time as the movie script.  It flushed out the story and Stanley Kubrick had a lot of input on how the book was written.  It has similar qualities to I, Robot but 2001: A Space Odyssey is much creepier and menacing.  I wouldn't want to be stuck in a space ship with HAL. 

I read this book while on holiday at the beach.  I stopped reading The Executioners Song (not a good beach book) and picked up this one instead.  A beach holiday is not the same without a good piece of fiction.  That holiday will always be entwined with this novel.

If you are into science fiction you have probably read this book, if you are just getting into science fiction this is a must.  Read this and I, Robot.  It will help a lot.

Next book on my list:




No comments:

Post a Comment