Translate

Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Sword in the stone by T.H. White


 
 
Right now I am reading the Sword in the Stone by T.H. White.  I'm really enjoying this book.  It's the story of a very young King Arthur who meets the wizard Merlin for the first time.  The reader follows along as Wart (Arthur's nick name in the book) gets into all sorts of scrapes and adventures.  He meets Robyn Hood and goes into battle.  Meets a very comical King Pellinore who searches for the Qeusting Beast.  As part of his education Merlin turns the young Wart into a fish, snake and an Owl. 
 
I wish I had read this book when I was a kid.  It's exactly the type of book that I would have loved.  If you have a young child who loves reading adventure books pass this one onto them.  They will enjoy it. 
 
I rate this wonderful book an 8 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment