Translate

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie

 
 
I have setup an E-Book library at work.  All the books in the E-Book library are from Gutenberg website.  This offers free E-Books that are out of copyright.  I try to read some classics when I have a break.  I've been reading Peter Pan for awhile now and finally finished today. 
 
I wasn't sure what to expect with this book.  I've watched the cartoon and various movie adaptations over the years.  I didn't think any of them were any good (except this one and I guess I didn't mind this one which had the most beautiful Tinkerbell ever!) so I wasn't sure what to expect with this book.  It is very whimsical.  It made me laugh in parts.  A solid kids book.  Not very dark with enough drama and a pinch of making fun of adults that every child loves. 
 
This book is a great accompaniment to the movies and I would suggest all parents either read or give it to your kids to read. 
 
I give this book 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment