Translate

Sunday, February 3, 2013

A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens

 
 
This was a pretty easy read.  While I had never read the book I knew the story pretty well.  Mostly from TV or movie adaptations.  There were no moments in the book that didn't seem familiar.  In fact it really felt like I was re-reading this book.
 
Dickens is a wonderful writer and while this is no Great Expectations (my favorite Dickens story) it was still a wonderful read.  There is not much I can say about the story.  For I am sure you know it yourself very well.  I remember in grade 3 (or was it grade 4?) being in a play version of this story.  I was the young boy who Scrooge gets to buy the big prize winning turkey near the end.  I only had 2 or 3 lines but I remember that I made a very distinct costume choice.  I needed to have a wool hat.  Don't know why this wool hat was so important.  Oh well.  Give this book to your kids to read.
 
8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment